Monday, March 18, 2013

Avocado Egg Salad

Avocados are on sale, ya'll!


Let me just start by saying, I don't like egg salad. I'm only recently okay with avocados. (I have texture issues) But, while on the elliptical machine looking at stuff on pinterest I came across a different version of this little jewel. When I told my dude about it I learned something new: He loves egg salad. After 5 years together, I had no freakin idea.  This recipe is a bit of a compromise between his love of egg salad and avocados and my aversion to mayo.

Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados

4 eggs
some Greek yogurt
salt
pepper
whatever spice really floats your boat

Boil those eggs.
Let's all pause for a second and note that the burn mark on the counter was there when we moved in. True story.


Next, let's chop up that avocado. Oh yeah, that's pretty.


This is where some people start freaking out....That's right. Yogurt. I'd say a seriously beefy tablespoon should do the trick.


Now grab your potato masher and go baby food style on that stuff then add your now peeled and cooled eggs. Again, go crazy. Get out some of that aggression you built up peeling the damn eggs.
 

 
Add your salt, pepper, and whatever spices you think you'll dig. I did curry powder. Damn good.
 

I have no idea how long it keeps because it's always gone within a day.
In wraps, on crackers, or a massive sandwich...

boom

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment